Welcome – The support chat is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all Support Together members.
The chat is moderated only during scheduled weekly counselor led support chat sessions.
If there is an issue during unmoderated hours that requires assistance. Please Contact Us
Guidelines For Counselor Led Support Chat Sessions
1) The most important component of support is listening (reading).
2) The 2nd most important component is validating the writer’s experience with simple feedback; “Yeah,” ”I understand,” or “This makes me feel _____” (sad, angry, glad, scared, etc.).
3) If you cannot relate to the writer’s experience, it is best to just read and not respond.
4) Support does not mean analyzing or criticizing, just reading and validating if you can.
5) Support does not include advice. If the writer, wants advice, please ask for it specifically.
6) The mission of the group is to provide a safe, mutually respectful forum for members to share their experience and/or their feelings, and to get support from other members. Observance of these rules will help us to achieve that goal.